Sunday, August 17, 2014

I have fallen in love... with Sophie Kinsella aka Medeline Wickham

So, I decided to re-read one of the books that I bought and skimmed through ages ago because I was going through a phase where I was being all I-hate-chick-lit-books-it-doesn't-give-me-enough-intelligent-stuff-for-me-to-brag-about.

It was 'I've got your number' by Sophie Kinsella.




I made sure I didn't skimmed and really read the book properly this time and I was so glad I did. This book is so amazingly funny and I caught myself laughing again and again. I read this in the office as well and my seat mate even asked me if it was that funny. It seriously was.

This book was about a girl named Poppy who is just so... cute. She underestimate herself and always so careful with what she say to people until one day he path was crossed with someone who doesn't care about being nice to people.

Her thoughts are so funny and sometimes, I do get annoyed with her but the book.... got me engaged in her decision making.

There was even a Harry Potter reference! I could not get over it and I decided to tweet to Sophie Kinsella herself about it. 

She replied me.

The moment I got that notification, I was over the moon (hypothetically, of course)! she confirmed it and I knew, in that instance, that I would read her books again. 

I even bought some other books by her and I just recently finished "Can you keep a secret?" 

and I absolutely love it! I am an fan of hers now and I even might re read her Shopoholic series again because I wasn't really fair on my judgement towards Becky Bloomwood.  

I have bought her "Wedding night" as well 

and remembering skipping a few pages because I just wanted to know how it ended and also because... at that point, I was a ... sexually deprive female and this chick lit books were pissing me off with lack of sexual encounter. 

That's embarrassing to remember But I will try to find it in my closet of books (yep, you read that right. Not shelves but a closet..and it's SUPER messy.), I am sure I saw it the other day. Ha.

In the mean time, though, I will start reading "Twenties girl"

I seriously cannot wait to start reading this because this time, it's not a man that comes into the main protagonist life. It's her aunt... well the ghost of her aunt. I am sure this is wickedly funny as well.

I will let you know!

No comments: